Tuesday, August 21, 2012

(It's Still) Summer Soundtrack (Thoreau's the only American here)

Nothing much to report except that I started reading Walden today in preparation for my vacation in the New England woods.

One thing though: I'm excited that The Darkness has a new record (which got a terrific review in a recent Mojo).  Summer's not over yet!

Here they are covering Radiohead, metal head style:

Also, today would have been Joe Strummer's 60th birthday. Here's one of his best song's ever. (My kid's preK teacher, taught this song to the class, accompanying them on his acoustic guitar)

And 32 years ago this summer, ACDC's post Bon Scott record Back in Black was released.  I remember kids blasting that record from vans pulled up into Mormon Church parking lots.  Just one more song before going inside to the church dance.

Thoreau's the only American on my soundtrack. What's been on your summer soundtrack, Lara?

No comments:

Post a Comment