|from <the god fugitive: a moby dick puppet opera>|
it feels soooo good.
i love the fresh start of (anticipating) september with all its possibilities, and my perennial optimism that THIS will be the year i become the person i really am. (as in : : : the girl who gets good grades and exercises and is on time and finishes projects and stops watching so many shows on netflix. . . and finishes her moby dick puppet opera and finds a great job. . . .)
it's much better than new year's because you're all tanned and rested and excited for regularity and schedules and the sublime mundane.
so, fresh start. or as my kids call it, "my new leafishly way." (they have weird made-up grammar and syntax and words.)
here's a long list of things i'd like to do in my writing and creative life. it surely won't all get done this fall, or maybe ever, but i feel pretty sure that some of it will come to completion by 2015.
1) finish book edits on poetry collection, <the lapidary's nosegay>.
2) submit <tln> for publication.
3) write monthly installments of moby dick puppet opera.
4) work on moby poems daily.
5) finish screenplay (not gonna talk about this. no jinxy.)
6) finish poem for a wonderful publication that asked me to write for them a long time ago but i couldn't get it together until now.
7) finish lyrical essay for another wonderful publication that i've never written for before.
8) apply for writer's residency/retreat.
9) start research on t.v. series.
10) practice voice and violin daily.
tomorrow i'll post my short list--what i'd like to do tomorrow, by the end of the week and by the end of the month.
p.s. here's installment one of the god fugitive.