|I need to channel Wendy's stance for 2013|
2. So I'm responding by posting a photo of the girl that came by Fed Ex today: Wendy O. Williams, with whom I've become recently obsessed. "Onward!" she seems to be saying. Yes.
3. I haven't been able to write at all so far this weekend. I will try to once I finish this post.
4. I walked around a lot aimlessly and bought two books today.
5. I did some apartment therapy, attacking my ersatz "office" space--going through boxes of ephemera, letters I wrote to my grandparents in the '70s, fliers and ticket stubs from the '80s. Assignments I wrote for my English 101 students in the '90s. Yes, I've kept all of those things.
6. One of the things I found was a small journal I kept during my trip to Europe in 1992. I was so glad to find this, because I took no photos. Oddly, did not bring a camera. But I did write. Here's an entry:
August 3, 1992
I have to sit and write in view of the Eiffel Tower, because it is the corniest place in the world to do it. I spent the night in a train station last night--actually a megalopolis train station. Sci-fi and airport like with silver bullet-shaped trains. I stayed the night curled up next to an ex-model who had put on a lot of weight. (Her words.) A very, very nice and pleasant girl, Jocelyn Swan. I will see [my French friend] Stephanie soon. I'm proud of myself that I found where to meet her. I am by the Eiffel Tower which I had wanted to see though I had never wanted to admit it.
7. And guess what? I'm realizing a long time wish and going to Paris again in two months.