|last year's lace leggings & shoes, this year's favorite dress|
1) i miss blogging with julie, but have had a hard time knowing how to pick it up again.
2) i own mostly black tights this winter.
|laundry day--tights for five girls|
3) in case you haven't heard, you may now address me as "dr. candland."
|laura ricks made this beautiful, delicious chocolate ribbon cake for me after i finished my doctorate in december in literature & creative writing (poetry).|
4) my favorite foods right now are: canned pears with cottage cheese, cinnamon toast, pero mochas, sushi rice topped with cheese: all supremely unsophisticated, requiring little to no prep, and sublimely simple.
5) my favorite morning activity right now is trying out every single hair-do on the uniqlo website on beautiful cecily.
|one of the plethora of hair styles i've been trying out on my barbie-head cecily|
6) lula is officially a better cook than i.
|lula's spudnuts: maple, green tea, coconut glzes with butterfinger, jimmies and coconut toppings|
7) like julie, i'm practicing right now--practicing living my life more fully & in the present, even though my future is in flux at the moment. (& then--one's future is always in flux, no? whether one knows it or not, no?)
8) i want to learn to speak french and spanish fluently. am i too old?
9) i'm reading middlemarch, mary ruefle's madness, rack, and honey, c.d. wright's steal away, and i finished john green's the fault in the stars last night.
|the wonderful, beautiful, mary lynn cutler sent this gorgeous thing to me a few days after i had an online melt down in front of her. thanks, girl!|
10) writing poetry every day again, and its finally starting to feel good again. it's all about the practice, baby!