Friday, January 3, 2014

Inspiration: Lovely Coffee Cup


The new year's just a baby, but its third day was about all of us in this city waking up to snow and such dramatic cold there was no school.  No work.

I got up and put one shirt on over another.  My only pair of tights with wool and leg warmers the color of a composition notebook.

My sidewalk wasn't shoveled and I liked the sound under my old boots.  I made my way through the park; the inside of my sunglasses steamed up.

I remembered that there was a brand new coffee shop--as new as the year--called Box Kite.

Look!  Here's me sitting in front of my Box Kite mug.  Isn't it just . . . so beautiful?  Snow colored. And, you can't see it, but the handle is open ended.

Look!  Below another song about winter written and sung by another dead '60s/'70s singer songwriter dude.  I can't get enough.


No comments:

Post a Comment