Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Inspiration: Good literature/Good litter

Well, I wrote my first book review of 2014. For some reason, I take my Goodreads account very seriously: The UnnamedThe Unnamed by Joshua Ferris
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Out of the blue, Tim Farnsworth is forced by his body to walk. This compulsion comes and goes over the arc of his life, but mostly comes, stays, and upends everything--Tim's successful trial lawyer gig, his family, his body, and his mind. Tim's decline and eventual demise becomes a metaphor for the rapidly decaying world, too. This bummer of a book is deftly told, elegaic, so I'm throwing it an extra star. I loved Ferris' first novel, Then We Came to An End. This second book takes more circuitous routes to get there.

View all my reviews
My favorite city litter are these Greek diner cups. They've been the staple coffee server in NY Greek diners since the city was bankrupt and even before, probably. This one I found impaled on a fence, old school Medieval style. All my images seem to be coffee related lately. Hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment