Friday, January 31, 2014

Inspiration: Middle-Aged Family Docs Who Play in Middle-Aged Bar Bands

This doctor/mom performed her anti-bullying song.
Leaving January, dragging my feet.

I usually hate January, but this January, I loved January. I saw Witch Camp! I stood in a parish hall with Patti Smith, Anne Waldman and Steve Earle! I saw Showgirls! The Musical! I had a writing project with a deadline!

Speaking of that, that deadline was today--actually, technically in 19 minutes. I sent my thing in hours ago. Kinda wish I'd gone over the thing again. Maybe if it had been some other week.  This week was a hard worker week.  And it's not over.

After I sent in my thingy, I went to see a parent's band play--a fellow mom. We met at our respective kids' school holiday party and she told me she was a doctor and that she also was in a band.  She's a cool doctor--a family doc (in an era of declining family docs) for the homeless. At her gig tonight, she collected socks for her patients.

Another thing that happened tonight, the band my spouse had in the early '90s--the band I became a fan of before even meeting him--finally has songs for sale on Bandcamp.

I'm going to shamelessly plug, cuz I rarely have anything to shameless plug, his music and in particular this smashing song, "Uncle Wiggly," that is certainly worth one dollar. (Dangit! Don't know how to embed it, but the link is here: http://thebarnies.bandcamp.com/album/assume-vast-proportions


No comments:

Post a Comment