and i'm so relaxed after such an intense week that i'm having trouble finding one last ounce of adrenaline left over to write this post.
so great having the little kids back in school. routines at last. everyone's happier.
just starting haywire. soderbergh always has the best music.
here's a rundown on the day:
1) left the house at 6.30 a.m.
2) taught class #1, wearing dress julie gave me. i always get lots of compliments in that dress, including once in nyc from a woman on the street, which is like two compliments.
3) prepped for next week's classes.
4) read in-class essays from class # 1. for my own personal reasons, designated writers "E" for emerging (i.e. not ready for college writing yet), "P" for proficient, and "A" for advanced. don't know why i did that. just got the urge.
5) taught class #2.
6) went to seminar, discussed habermas, byron, abrams, and the rise of the mass reading public.
7) commuted home.
8) printed out copies of a creative non-fiction piece i've been working on for writer's group.
9) went to walden back to school picnic in southfork.
10) brought warm peach cake to writer's group. thanks to ingrid for making it. it was one of the best cakes i've ever eaten. custardy and peachy.
11) new writer's group! more on that later. i'm excited.
12) watching haywire with c. so looking forward to several hours of writing time tomorrow.