Friday, August 17, 2012

Summer Mud

Finally used our Mud Cafe gift card tonight, Lara.  Got the grilled peach arugula salad in your honor.  I always forget about the Mud Cafe.  They're famous for their coffee and their orange Mud coffee truck at Astor Place.  I remember standing next to that truck in ecstasy.  i had purchased nothing, but the truck was blasting Elvis Costello's "Peace, Love, and Understanding."

I'm sad summer's drawing to a close.

Tonight S and I wandered into a gift shop to buy a gift for her friend's bday party and the owner talked to us about her performance art.  Then we walked up to 8th Street and bough pudding pops at the pudding shop (yes, before dinner).  We ran into the French dad and his young daughter who are returning to France in a week after a year in New York.

I'm not sure what else to say.

Still need to blog about Pussy Riot, but I need to do so when I have more energy.

As for fall, I'm excited for Michael Chabon's new novel set on Berkeley's Telegraph Avenue.  It will be released on Sept.  11.  I'm excited for Neil Young's autobiography coming out in October.  I'm excited to have time to write again, and I'm excited for the return of tights.  I'm already thinking about what I'll wear with what.

No comments:

Post a Comment