Thursday, August 2, 2012

Antimatter

There is a big waxy full moon in the sky right now.  Go out and look at it.

Is this why the electronics/appliances are breaking down in our household?  My phone won't hold a charge and a desktop computer just died.  The refrigerator is leaving something I can't discern.

I told Lara yesterday that I hated summer, but really, I love summer.

S and I just got back from taking in a slice of Coriolanus, the latest Shakespeare in the Parking Lot production, which opened tonight.  They've updated it with an Occupy Wall Street theme.  Can't wait to go back and get it all.

Speaking of slice, Two Boots gave away free slices before a free screening of Donnie Darko in Tompkins Square Park tonight.

Tina gave me a poem in the wake of my dad's passing.  I unscrolled it recently and have been reading it a lot.


Antimatter

BY RUSSELL EDSON
On the other side of a mirror there’s an inverse world, where the insane go sane; where bones climb out of the earth and recede to the first slime of love.

      And in the evening the sun is just rising.

      Lovers cry because they are a day younger, and soon childhood robs them of their pleasure.

      In such a world there is much sadness which, of course, is joy . . .


Antimatter

On the o

1 comment:

  1. i LOVE that poem. how amazing to watch corialanus under a full moon.

    ReplyDelete