Tuesday, January 10, 2012
Sleep is Free
Oddly--and kind of thrillingly--I had a similar day to Lara's, which you can read about below. It other words, it was a middle kind of day, too, the kind of day I was not imagining for myself when I was on in the throes of New Year's Eve high ten days ago, but days like this are inevitable, unavoidable. Aren't they?
Three things that I did:
1. I worked.
2. I ran errands.
3. I made some necessary phone calls.
4. I listened to the NH primaries on headphones while quasi dozing in my kid's school lobby like an old man.
5. I wore the same tights I've been wearing off and on since mid December.
Four things that kept this day from being completely middling:
1. I read James Baldwin's Giovanni's Room on the subway.
2. I went to Mast and read Jean Genet.
3. I did some yoga after being freaked out by yoga.
4. I thought about the things in my life that are free.