|cecily's favorite sunday dinner, chicken n' dumplings. now that bammy's back, we'll be having sunday dinner at her house again. i'll be in charge of dessert.|
it's been a rough week.
that tends to happen the week after you have a week away from work, right?
therefore, next week will be better, right?
so i'm gonna try to make myself feel better and write a list.
things i'm grateful for:
1. i'm almost done reading james and the giant peach to my youngest child. i've read it to all of my children. i have five children. therefore, i will never, ever again have to read james and the giant peach out loud again. i'm also grateful to have five beautiful children to read to, even if i hate some of the books i have to read.
2. eva's new, for realz, legit job.
3. craig dworkin's a handbook of protocols for literary listening and his pamphlet do or d.i.y.
4. coleridge's a lime-tree bower my prison.
5. extra-strength tylenol.
6. my '98 green isuzu oasis. after an unmentionably priced set of repairs this week, she drives like a dream, and i still have no car payment.
7. bammy's return from canada after six months away. sundays are about to get a lot radder.
8. the daily show, the colbert report, and a new show based on sherlock holmes with lucy liu as dr. watson. we're watching it in mere moments. please god, let it be good!
9. the carillon. how many people have a carillon nearby? it's pretty rad. also, how many people have a spouse who composes experimental music for carillon? that's what i thought.
10. the fact that project runway's baby design challenge wasn't as lame as i thought it would be. can you tell how i've spent my thursday night? (in bed, with the remote. i'm so ashamed, julie turley. you're probably out watching avant-garde theatre on the street with philip glass).