|back porch at salon. it was standing room only, so audience had to sit on the porch. cecily took the photos last night, and due to her shortness, could only get my outfit in three parts.|
things have really gotten intense, but it's good. i have a couple of longer posts ready to write, but no time at all this week. tomorrow is my catch-up day, so hopefully i can get back on track.
so, for today, i guess a short one is better than none at all. better ones are waiting in the wings, trust me.
1) woke at 5.30 and got dressed for work. struggled to find a cute outfit, but i think i finally succeeded, at least that's what the sales person at h & m told me tonight.
2) left the house at 6.25 a.m. with eva, anna and d.j. we were all barely awake after the salon went so late last night.
3) wrote morning pages and prepped for class. gave a quiz and worked with students on rhetorical analysis--specifically moving from "what" to "why" to "how." trickier than you might think.
|middle part of outfit.|
4) ate too much 7-layer dip, a guilty pleasure, for lunch.
5) read wordsworth's essay, supplementary to the preface to the lyrical ballad's. went to 18th C. seminar.
5) went to grad student creative writing meeting.
6) shopped at h&m with eva while waiting for the rush hour traffic on i-15 to go away. got complimented on today's outfit. eva's such a fantastic bargain shopper. i was inspired by her diligence and creativity. it also helps if you look fantastic in literally everything.
7) eva and i had dinner at shanghai.
|bottom of the outfit: zippered ankle boots & fishnets.|
9) got home in time to kiss kids' goodnight and watch most of president obama's speech. and to admire the first lady's dress. loved the one shoulder slightly off-shoulder thing. oh, yeah, and felt inspired to be less cynical.
10) talked about how inspiring last night's salon was with christian. seriously. the performances were amazing. more details on this later.