Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Intense

My quick shot of the Housing Works election party.  The projected TV was on Rachel Maddow.
An intense day.

The kids home again after one day back at school after the storm.

One kid went with me this morning to vote.  Fb friends were reporting very long waits.  I didn't have long to wait.  Fortunately, the whole trip--commuting and voting--took me 15 minutes.

I voted for Obama--the conservative choice.  I decided I needed my vote to count for O's popular tally, although I'm more politically aligned with the Green candidate Jill Stein.

News of another big storm hitting tomorrow started to come in.

Not has big as SUPER STORM SANDY!  Say that three times fast.  Then five. 

After work, dropped by Housing Works where a massive election party was taking place.  By 8:30 the cafe had sold out of food.  Wish I could have stayed.

At home, I helped with homework and had one ear to the election results. 

I'm glad O won.  As of midnight, Mitt has not conceded.  Of course. 

(Four years ago tonight, there was MAYHEM in the streets.  Chants of joy and spontaneous parades.  Tonight it's colder out and we're all more jaded.)

No comments:

Post a Comment