Saturday, June 30, 2012
an amano day & my amazing dead people
(here's probably my favorite hildegard piece. long, but worth it.)
julie, here are the dead people i'd like to meet:
1. hildegard von bingen
2. gertrude stein
4. sojourner truth
5. charlotte corday
& here's a list of my day:
1. lunch at black sheep cafe with our former guest blogger and resident GITP bio-ethicist teresa blankmeyer burke.
3. ice cream from homemade ice cream stand on the corner, from the amano chocolatier's 12 year-old son, with amano chocolate chips. (he's been out there practically every day this summer. yesterday he made cinnamon ice cream, today sour cream strawberry and amano chocolate chip.)
4. dinner with visiting pianist keith kirchoff and composer & musicologist michael hicks at pizzeria 712.
5. "more than dessert amano chocolate cake", thus proclaimed by chocolate connoissuer/fanatic m. hicks.
6. late-night chat on front lawn with teresa.
7. just starting american version of girl with the dragon tattoo. i think i won't make it very far into the film before nodding off. . . .
8. (graded for online class). (wildfires still raging, it seems like it might be the end of the world. hard to breathe.)
9. thought about, but didn't write, new poem.
10. answered interview questions for a blog i'll be appearing on next week (stay tuned!)