|burned out on outfits--overwearing my striped t-shirt dress|
|not burned out on vegetgables--asparagus-potato salad with lemon cream dressing|
2. chorizo breakfast burrito at beto's after yoga then
3. to provo bakery to get donuts for kids. on the way home i found a lost crying toddler & rescued him. he had escaped from his backyard without anyone noticing.
4. shopping for yogurt to make raita (i'm making dal for the salon/fireside tomorrow night).
5. practiced with c. for salon/fireside tomorrow night. i'm approaching music practice more like yoga these days--trying not to think about the gap between where i am and where i want to be, how much better other people are, how different it feels today than yesterday. musically staying on the mat, if you will.
6. thought about making a lemon tart for tomorrow night using the huge bowl of lemons we brought back from arizona (c. and the kids picked them from my mom's neighbor's tree.) didn't make tart because
7. i suddenly got completely exhausted and burned out. so
8. i took a nap. planned on waking up, doing laundry, cleaning out the kids drawers for spring/summer season but
9. woke up still exhausted & binge-watched 5 episodes of restaurant impossible (that's what's on in the background of my picture.
10. mustered enough energy to make dinner (pictured above) and eat with the family. but still no game on, still feeling the burn, still no lemon tart. what do you do when you get slammed with burn-out & you really need to get your game on?
inspiration: sucking at yoga & other stuff, but doing it anyway
looking forward: to shucking off burnout