|Demo-ing one of the two guitar-holding poses for the parade.|
1. Basked in the afterglow of hanging with the Occupy Guitarmy yesterday in Bryant Park. OG were one of the many subgroups that made up the big May Day/Occupy protests that took place in public parks all over the city yesteday. I had to veer off (to get a kid) before they began their permitless march down 5th Avenue to Union Square where they were going to hook up with Rage Against the Machine's Tom Morello and play a song with him. (See video of the Union Square performance below. You get a sense of the critical mass of protesters that were in the city yesterday. Warning: Tom drops the "F bomb" if you're watching at work.)
2. Early this morning, worked then . . . .
3. Volunteered at a kid's school.
4. Biked home in the rain; it was raining harder.
5. Responded to students/graded while listening to the "Gerry Rafferty" station on Pandora. Don't knock it 'til you've tried it. Just sayin'. It will take you right back to junior high, which . . . speaking of afterglow! And who can resist "Cool Change" by the Little River Band? Could this song be a theme song, Lara, for "getting out of tight places?"
5. Worked on a lentil soup. Looked for my newly purchased cumin to no avail.
|She had a nice vibe.|
|Budding activists playing hooky from school.|
|I heart armbands.|
|You're never too cool for Occupy Guitarmy!|