Thursday, May 3, 2012

road trip & tights service & the earth, that is sufficient

lace madonna leggings--love living through a fantastic trend twice
cool news today:  you can get a tights subscription service--two pairs of tights/hosiery a month  selected for you according to a profile you construct & delivered to you (by a hot delivery person????)

it's as if they knew about our blog and started a business specifically to partner with us. . . .  check out pique.  they offer some very rad legwear.


sans tights--i need a pique gift subscription!

blissed out on road trips
other news:  i'm headed for a rad remote destination for a few days.  more about that later.

nothing makes me happier than being on the road.  especially in remote areas.  i always feel uber-inspired.  hope to get some good ideas, notes, inspirations and maybe a couple of new poems written over the weekend.

whitman, as usual, expresses the song of my heart:
By Walt Whitman
 
1
Afoot and light-hearted I take to the open road,
Healthy, free, the world before me,
The long brown path before me leading wherever I choose.

Henceforth I ask not good-fortune, I myself am good-fortune,
Henceforth I whimper no more, postpone no more, need nothing,
Done with indoor complaints, libraries, querulous criticisms,
Strong and content I travel the open road.

The earth, that is sufficient,
I do not want the constellations any nearer,
I know they are very well where they are,
I know they suffice for those who belong to them.

(Still here I carry my old delicious burdens,
I carry them, men and women, I carry them with me wherever I go,
I swear it is impossible for me to get rid of them,
I am fill’d with them, and I will fill them in return.) 
legwear:  jeans, for remoteness
inspiration:  pique tights service, open road
looking forward to:  it's a surprise

1 comment:

  1. i love open roads and road trips, too, but alas--have no car! dangit! so excited about that tights subscription service! have fun--wish i were in the car with you!

    ReplyDelete