Friday, May 25, 2012

Hello, Sailor!


Well, I'm sitting here, Lara, trying to find a Fleet Week video on YouTube to entertain you with as you make your way down your weekend list.

I saw the first Fleet Week ships coming up the Hudson on Wednesday morning from my workplace perch, and I started to see sailors cavorting around town in their old school uniforms--blinding white and startling against the city's grit--as early as Friday.

I even tried to find a clip from the Fleet Week Sex and the City episode.  So far, everything's been removed by YouTube.

I'm so meh about the military, that I can't believe I get this into it.

Look, at this clip from On the Town where "embedding" has been disabled.  Wha?

But Fleet Week is the only thing I want to post about!  I hope you don't mind.

1 comment:

  1. i heard about this from the barnard girls, details omitted. . . .

    ReplyDelete