Friday, May 18, 2012

Optimism and Bravado

It makes no sense that I've uploaded this photo, because you can't tell what it is at all.  What it is is a middle-aged man in a '70s shirt belting '70s tunes to recorded instrumentals on the corner of Driggs and North 7th St in Brooklyn.  He had a microphone and a Tom Jones' voice with Tom Jones' bravado.  He was amplified and loud.  His voice carried deep into the subway.  I emerged into it.

He performed right in front of the Brooklyn location of Crif Dogs where I had a vegetarian hot dog sold to me by a Betty Page-inspired cashier.

Other than that, my day consisted of working and fretting about the fact that my current work is semester-based and the semester is coming to a close.

I now have to brainstorm for summer work, or just find a full-time job.  I am looking!  Trying to gather optimism and bravado, just like the busking vocalist in the polyester shirt.

As for summer work, I'm looking for something not too ego battering.  Is that too much to ask?

Where are you working this summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment