|screenplay related. but i can't talk about the details yet.|
|emily dickinson book, dark and light sides, luxury snowflake.|
i spent the day with two daughters and d.j. and some rad teachers making vision boards for 2013. it's not new year's eve yet, but i have a super definite idea of what i want to do this year.
|an apartment in n.y.c.|
or more like a ton of ideas that i tried to reign in, but then decided relinquish restraint (what's the point? it's not in my skill set to do things in a logical or sensible order or with any kind of inclination towards reasonable expectations.)
so i went ahead and put them all out there.
|learn to relax.|
they're kind of embarrassing, people!
|luxury snowflake cut by eva. one side is from a tiffany ad, one from a fur coat ad. but it's not about things, but about a feeling of luxury and an appreciation of everything that's so intense i can hardly stand it.|
they're kind of like a list a seven-year old might have when asked what she wants to be when she grows up: a professional ballerina, a doctor, an olympic swimmer and a teacher. all at the same time.
well, i decided to stop fighting the urge to do everything all at once and just embrace it.
|dietrich. big time hollywood.|
we'll see how it goes.
i wasn't going to show them publicly, but i changed my mind. because if i'm going to do any of the things on this list, it's going to require allowing a lot of embarrassment, overcoming shyness (the internet is so beautiful for shy persons), acknowledging what my real goals are, and putting "it" all out there.
"it"? what are you? where are you?
and, to be frank, a year of blogging has brought out the exhibitionist in me. for better of for worse, it's the truth.
2013 new year's resolutions:
1. complete all of the requirements for my ph.d.
2. find publisher for my book of poems, the gentian weaves her fringes, poems written over the past five years using words form emily dickinson's poetic lexicon.
3. complete new screenplay. and win academy award for screen writing in a subsequent year.
4. learn to truly relax when i have down time.
5. continue yoga practice.
6. get shoulders fixed.
7. wrap the year in a feeling of luxury--i.e. love everything so much that it is more beautiful and more luxurious than a tiffany ring or a fur coat.
8. sing in a choir or band.
9. only do things that are in concert with my values or roots.
10. find a job that will allow me to spend half my time in n.y.c. have residence in n.y.c. and utah.
that was embarrassing.
go ahead and laugh.
because laughing makes you feel better, i've heard.